Hello! Welcome to my blog where I will be sharing my life as I find my way through my twenties including fashion, beauty and life

Easter Treat!


HAPPY EASTER!! 

I hope you are all safe and well in this crazy time.

During this lockdown period, I have really found baking to be a great distraction and has helped reduce my anxiety.  So, I thought I would share with you how to make so delicious cookies using my all time favourite chocolate - mini eggs!! I used Tanya Burr cookie recipe as I just love how soft and gooey they are and they are so quick and easy to make. 

You will need:

200g butter
300g caster sugar
1 large egg
275g self raising flour
75g coco powder
2 bags of mini eggs 

Step 1: Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees 

Step 2: Prepare you baking trays by lining them with grease prof paper

Step 3: Add the caster sugar and butter into a mixing bowl. Tip: add the sugar first so it won't stick to the butter. 


Step 4: Stir until light and soft. Tip: You can use a mixer, however I used a classic wooden spoon and it worked just as good.


Step 5: Add the egg and mix together


Step 6: Add in the flour and coco powder. Tip: if you are hand mixing it, don't put it all into the bowl at once, try adding a little at a time. 


Step 7: Add the mini eggs into the mixture and mix using your hand or a spoons.


Step 8: Section the dough into balls and place them onto your baking trays. You can make them as big or small as you like. If you want to add any more eggs in you can! 


Step 9: Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Tip: They will not look cooked when you take them out the oven. I did get worried when placing a knife in the centre and the mixture being on it when pulling it out, however it does harden when cooling. 

Step 10: Leave to cool for 15 minutes. 



Enjoy either on their own or with a scoop of ice-cream! 

No comments