Hello! Welcome to my blog where I will be sharing my life as I find my way through my twenties including fashion, beauty and life

April favourites


haven’t written a blog post in what feels like forever!  I have just been so busy this month as we are now allowed to go out more and actually see people, which has been lovely and I have really enjoyed.  But, I miss being creative and writing so I thought it was about time I get back to it.

 

I have always loved nosy blog and vlogs where people share what they are loving or doing as I always find these things so interesting to look back on and a good way to discover new products or places. So, I thought I would do a classic April favourites!


Food and Drink


  • Nomo Fruit & Crunch Choc Bar – This is going to sound dramatic but omg, this chocolate has changed my life!  If you have been keeping up with my Instagram, you will know I am now dairy free.  I have struggled with dairy for a while and have finally decided enough is enough and I need to stop eating it.  My first thought was what about chocolate (as I much prefer chocolate to sweets) and after trying a few different brands, I discovered this one which is also nut free!  I am honestly in love, the biscuit bits and raisins add more flavour and texture and it doesn’t give me a stomach ache after eating it.  My mum even found an easter egg in this flavour too which was AMAZING!

 

  • Water melon gin – I have always been a gin lover and this month I discovered this watermelon gin in Tesco which is only £ - BARGIN!  It is fresh and fruity which is perfect for this time of year.  I like to have mine with lemonade but, if you have tried this with Tonic water let me know if it’s any good.

 

  • Pimms – another classic cocktail and since we have been allowed to meet people outdoors, I have been loving having a pimms with strawberries and cucumber!  To me, this is another drink perfect for spring and is a nice easy cocktail to make at home.


Pamper and makeup


  • Too faced wash the day away – I have been using this for a little over a month now to take off my makeup and I can honestly say I am hooked!  It smells incredible and leave my face feeling clean and soft (although the ewater looks grim with all my makeup in it haha).  I also feel good when using this as I feel it is better for the environment rather than using wipes.  Although at first it may seem like a lot of money, you only need a small pea size blob to take the day off so it lasts AGES!

 

  • Blusher – I say this as a general term because I have been using a few different ones from NARS to Revolution, but I have been loving adding a bit of colour to my cheeks for spring and making my skin look more alive. 

 

  • White nail polish – I have always been a lover of white nail polish but I have found this month in particular is has been a subtle way to brighten my outfits without having a major colour clash.

 

  • Face masks – I have never really been a big user of face masks as I have always said I don’t have time.  But this month I have made the discovery of wearing a face mask whilst cracking on with other tasks.  I know this isn’t ideal for a chilled pamper session, but when I have stuff to do but still want to give my skin some tlc it’s perfect.  I have found sheet masks are easier if I am having a chilled pamper night as they tend to slip off, but I need to fold washing or something then a classic charcoal mask is great!

Style

 
  • Bodysuits – I love spring, however I always find it so hard to choose what to wear as we are in that awkward is it hot or cold?  So, I have been loving bodysuits as they are a perfect layer with a cute cardigan or even under a jumper and if its hot remove the outer layer and you still have a cute top!  Another bonus (which is going to sound rather odd) is that I find with the fabric tighter around my body, it keeps me warmer. 

 

  • Cardigans – A spring essential for me is a cardigan!  It is such a cute layer that can keep you warm but can be left undone if too hot.  You can also get them is so many cute colours and thicknesses depending on how much you feel the cold.

 

  • French plaits – This has been my go to ‘updo’ style this month.  It is a perfect way to get your hair out of your face without giving you a headache and if left in over night gives you heat free beach waves – another cute look for spring!

Lifestyle 

 

  • Reading – I don’t do this often, but when I do I really get stuck in.  I have tried to read in the evenings before bed as a way to wind down and get of my screen after staring at a computer all day my phone in the evening.  Like I say I don’t get to do this often but when I do I feel so relaxed and wake up feeling great! Sometimes it’s nice to just dive into another world, especially during these crazy time haha! I would love to know what you are reading right now as looking for my next read so leave a comment with your suggestions. 

  • Running - I never thought I would be a runner, but here we are! I am actually training to take part in the Great South Run in October (more in a future blog post) but although running started out as a training thing, I have actually really enjoyed it.  Now that evenings are lighter and it is warmer it has been lovely to get some fresh air , especially after being stuck in the office all day and I feel amazing afterwards. 

  • Being outside - As spring and the sun has made an appearance I have loved being outdoors.  I don’t know what it is but the fresh air just makes me feel so relaxed and if the sun is out too, bonus! Now we are allowed to meet groups of 6 outdoors it has been so lovely to finally see family and friends for a good chin wag and a cocktail! 

  • The Queens Gambit - This is a series my mum actually found on Netflix about an orphan who becomes an amazing chess player! I don’t know what it was about the series but I was hooked and would definitely recommend. 

  • Stranger things - I have watch this since the beginning but with the idea that a new series may be coming out soon I have started to rewatch all the old series and again I’m hooked! Every episode is a cliff hanger and I want to know more.  I also love the fashion and bright colours! 

  • YouTube - i have really gotten back into YouTube and watching videos whilst doing my makeup or eating waffles on a chilled Sunday morning!  My current favourites are Charlotte Morrell ( I love her chatty videos and was inspired from her favourites videos to do this post!) and I am also loving Jess Sheppard’s styling videos - would recommend checking out both of these channels

  • Calming music - my anxiety and stress levels have been all over for quite a while now, so I have found my Spotify has been heavily dominated by calming music, especially to fall asleep to.  My go to is the Keystone Nature Sound Piano guys relaxing music with ocean waves.  The sound of the waves with the soft piano really help as I can close my eyes and pretend I am in a relaxing beach somewhere with no worries. 

So, that is some of my April favourites!  I would love to know what you have been loving this month and if you have tired any of the things I have mentioned in this post. 







2 comments

  1. This is so great. I love this type of posts. You actually get to summarize your month and look back to see all the great things. It is always the little things like this that makes one happy. I love The Queen's Gambit. It is actually really good.

    I am reading little fires everywhere and I do recommend it (if you are interested).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment, I'm glad you like this blog post!

    I love a classic favourites post, they are such a great way to find new products! Ooo I have not heard of that book, will have to give it a read.

    ReplyDelete