Hello! Welcome to my blog where I will be sharing my life as I find my way through my twenties including fashion, beauty and life

ZARA Haul

With the cold autumnal weather arriving in the UK, I decided it was time to swap my wardrobe over and say goodbye to summer.  After putting all of my summer clothes away and donating clothes I no longer like or wear, I found my wardrobe looked rather bare.  With this in mind and pay day there to help I decided I would treat myself to a few bits from ZARA.

I absolutely love Zara and find they have great combo of affordable and expensive pieces in all styles from basics to more out there pieces. This year they have really smashed it with their autumnal items and it was so hard trying to restrain myself from buying at all - don't think my bank account would thank me for that!   So, I tried to purchase things that I could wear not only for autumn and winter but spring and summer too.  Anyway, thats enough babbling, lets get on and show you what I bought: 

The first item that caught my eye was these black darted shorts.  I haven't worn shorts and tights in years but I remember it was such an easy outfit and one that can be changed simply with a different of top.  So, I knew I could easily get lots of wear out of these and agin wear them in many a setting with a jumper a boots for everyday or a shirt, blazer and heels on a date night. I got a size small as although I have a small waist I have larger hips and they fit really well.  They are slightly larger on the waist but in the right way in that they leave enough room for tucking in a jumper or eating a good hearty meal!  They are a thick material meaning as the weather gets colder they will keep you warm and they are a nice length that doesn't leave your bum hanging out.  So, if you are looking for a different bottom piece to wear other than jeans or a skirt I would recommend these!


                                               Black Darted Shorts - £12.99 (in the sale!) 


The next item is this gorgeous floral print dress.  This is perfect for an all year round dress as it looks great with bare legs or tights, boots or pumps and even better with the puffed sleeves it can be worn casual or dressed up.  In the sale at only £12.99 it was such a bargin I couldn't resist!  I love the dainty pattern on this dress and it is the perfect length.  The only thing I would say about this dress that I am hoping to try and fix is that the neckline is very low.  I was planning on being able to wear this dress for various occasions such as work, dates and everyday, but I feel this may be a bit too booby for some of those settings.  So, I am going to see if I can take up the neckline with the help of my grandma and if not sadly I think it will have to go back as I wouldn't be brave enough to wear it. 


                                                        Floral Print Dress - £12.99 (in the sale!)


The next item I got was this faded effect ribbed t-shirt.  I have always wanted a faded effect t-shirt to wear with my summer skirts to transform them into autumn/winter outfits and this one is perfect!  I went for a size small and it is a great length that can be worn untucked or tucked in and it is actually quite thick making it a great layer for this cold weather. 


                                                 Faded Effect Rib T-Shirt - £7.99


I then found this super cute black long sleeved ribbed body suit which is nice and thick making it great for layering and is another piece that can be worn causal or dressed up.  I think body suits are one of my favourite items of clothing as it is like wearing a top tucked in but you never have to worry about it coming un-tucked. I ordered a size small and it is a perfect fit as it does not give me a wedgy but isn't too loose either and the sleeves come just past my wrists which is where I like them to be.  


                                                    Black Ribbed Bodysuit - £9.99
                    
                                              Ripped Mom Jeans Navy Blue - £25.99

The final item I got were a pair of ripped mom jeans in a size 8 (see photo above).  I have always loved the idea of mom jeans but struggled to find a pair that fit both my waist and hips without looking unflattering.  I currently have a pair from New Look which I wear to death so felt I should get another pair.  After a lot of scrolling on Instagram and watching youtube videos I decided to give the ZARA jeans a try and they did not disappoint! They length is just right either as it is or even works with a roll up or two and they fit very comfortably around my hips and waist leaving enough room to tuck in a jumper or hold a food baby! They are also great quality which at the price is a real bargin and I can definitely say I will be looking at ZARA jeans in the future. 

I hope you enjoyed this post, head on over to my instagram @sweetpea97.blog to check out my first reel where I show you these items in more detail! 

No comments