Hello! Welcome to my blog where I will be sharing my life as I find my way through my twenties including fashion, beauty and life

Current Skin Care Routine


After finally getting blinds put into our bathroom I have found I am spending a lot more time on my skincare as I don’t have to rush at the fear of everyone nosying in. 


So, this week I thought I would share with you what products I use and how I have found using them.  I do want to point out that I am by no means a skin care expert or anything like that.  I simply use the products that I have found work best for my skin. Now we have that bit out of the way, let get into the post! 


I am not one of those girls who used loads of different products morning and night as I have found that putting loads on my face can make it worse as I strip and scrub the natural oils away.  So I use about 3-4 products morning and night.


For my morning skincare routine I start by using the Clinique anti blemish solutions cleansing foam. One pump is plenty which means it’s lasts ages, so is great value for money! This is definitely my favourite part of my skincare routine as it leaves my skin feeling so soft and fresh. 



                        Clinique anti blemish solutions cleansing foam - £19.50 


https://www.boots.com/clinique-anti-blemish-solutions-cleansing-foam-125ml-10065311



I then move on to my under eyes and as I am quite insecure about my dark undergrad circles I use the Simple soothing eye balm.  I only use one pea size amount under eye and pat it gently across the bags. After a few days of this I have found it really has brightened this area making me feel more awake! 

  



                                                Simple Soothing Eye Balm - £4.02 


https://www.boots.com/simple-kind-to-eyes--eye-balm-soothing-15ml-10073270



I then finish my morning skincare routine with the Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream.  I spent ages trying to find a moisturiser that wasn’t too heavy for wearing during the day and helped keep my makeup on.  This one is perfect! It is light weight, not too oily meaning it holds my makeup well and a little goes a long way making it great value for money!

                                        Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream - £45


https://m.bobbibrown.co.uk/product/14007/12761/skincare/moisturiser/hydrating-face-cream


For my evening skin care routine I do very much the same as morning.  However, before using the Clinique anti blemish solutions cleansing foam I go in with the Clean and Clear blackhead clearing scrub.  I have always struggled with blackheads on my chin and nose in particular.  After a few washes using this and they are really starting to disappear!  Unlike other scrubs I have tried, this one makes my face feel clean but doesn’t leave it dry.  Much like the other products I use, this one is great value for money and it really does do what it says it should! 




                                Clean and Clear blackhead clearing scrub - £3.99


https://www.superdrug.com/Skin/Face-Skin-Care/Cleansers/Face-Scrubs/Clean-%26-Clear-Blackhead-Scrub-150ml/p/31178


I then use the Clinique anti blemish solutions, Simple eye balm and finish with the Clinique moisturising lotion.  I have used this moisturiser for years! But compared to the Bobbi Brown one, I find this much more oiler so I prefer to use it at night.  I find after the scrub this helps sooth and hydrate my skin overnight and come morning I feel my skin is refreshed and hydrated for another day! 



                                               Clinique Moisturising Lotion - £31


https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123070751499_-1


So, that is my current skin care routine and favourite products!  I would definetly recommend trying some of these and with christmas coming up (yes I am thinking about it already...) it could make a great gift idea either for a friend or for yourself! 


I would love to know if you have tried any of these products or what skin care products you would recommend in the comments below! 


No comments