Hello! Welcome to my blog where I will be sharing my life as I find my way through my twenties including fashion, beauty and life

Sunday sweet treat!


I have always loved baking since I was a little girl, especially getting to lick the bowl afterwards! My favourite things to make are cupcakes and what started off as simple vanilla sponge with icing and sprinkles on top has soon progressed. 

Over the passed few weeks I have been testing out different flavours and thanks to having much more time to spend making them, I have been braver with the decor too.  So, this week I thought I would share with you how I made my biscoff cupcakes - which is now my all time favourite flavour! 

INGREDIENTS  
Cupcakes 

  • 110g caster sugar
  • 110g self raising flour 
  • 50g unsalted butter 
  • 75g lotus biscoff spread
  • 3 medium eggs 
Icing 
  • 150g icing sugar 
  • 100g lotus biscoff spread 
  • 100g unsalted butter 

STEP 1 - Pre heat your oven and line you cupcake tray with cases 


STEP 2 - Mix together the butter, sugar and biscoff spread into a bowl untill smooth. 


STEP 3 - Add in the eggs 


STEP 4 - Fold in the flour until completely mixed. I find it easier to add in a little bit at a               time. 



STEP 5 - Place the mixture as evenly as possible into the cupcake cases and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes. 



Whilst in the cakes are in the oven, you can make the icing. 

STEP 6 - Mix together the butter, icing sugar and biscoff spread.  Depending on how strong you would like the flavour, you can add less biscoff spread if you want to! 


STEP 7 - When the cakes are ready take them out of the oven to cool. 


STEP 8 - Time to decorate! I attempted to pipe the icing and then sprinkled crushed biscoss biscuits over the top and finished with a whole biscuit. 

ENJOY!! 



No comments