Hello! Welcome to my blog where I will be sharing my life as I find my way through my twenties including fashion, beauty and life

Daily Makeup Routine

I have always loved doing my makeup and recently when my cousins came to visit,I had so much fun showing them what products I use every day and how I do my makeup.  I remember when I was about 16 and I was watching endless Youtube videos and reading so many blogs about makeup and which products people liked to use and how they did their makeup on a daily basis.  So, as a follow on from my blog post about my Current Favourite Makeup Products, I thought I would share with you my daily makeup routine. 

do want to point out that I am in no way a makeup professional and this is just how I like to do it with the products I like and what works best for me. 

I am going to chat about what products I use and what I use to apply them here and If you would like to watch how I put on my makeup, head on over to my blog @sweetpea97.blog and check it out! 

Before I do my makeup, I wash my face and moisturise (I will chat more about this in a future blog post).  I always find this helps my makeup apply better and stay on longer. 


When doing my makeup I like to start with the base as I find if I get the base right the rest just seems to follow suit. 


First off I use the collection lasting perfection concealer in the shade fair to cover my under eye bags and any spots. I swear by this concealer and have used it for as long as I can remember! It has such good coverage and is a bargin price!  I use my Beaty blender from Real Techniques to blend this in. 

Superdrug = £4.19
                                                                   Superdrug = £4.19


Next I go in with the RIMMEL Lasting Finish foundation in the shade 200 soft beige.  I have used this foundation for years as I feel it sits well on my skin and blends perfectly to give a natural look.  I have switched between using a damp beauty blender and a brush to blend this in but at the moment I like to use the Real Techniques expert face brush.

                                            Superdrug = £8.99


As I feel a bit more insecure about my under eyes, I like to go back in with the collection lasting perfection concealer to brighten this area further. 


To set this all, I use the Rimmel stay matte powder in the shade translucent.  I find this sets my foundation and concealer really well and doesn’t make it look cakey. 


                                            Superdrug = £3.99


I then continue with my base and move onto bronzer which has been my favourite thing to apply this summer to give my face a bit more and look more alive! I current use two: HOOLA bronzer and NARS Laguna.  I find they are both easy to apply with the HOOLA being more pigmented so I try to use a bit at a time and build.  I like to use the HOOLA to add the initial colour to my face but I do blend it out a fair bit as I find it does have more warmer tones and can make me look orange if I don’t.  I then add the NARS Laguna to make me more alive but not look so orange as it has more cooler undertones to it. 



John Lewis = £27.00
NARS Cosmetics = £31.00


Once this is blended I like to define my cheek bones with the Sleek contour kit and an urban decay contour brush.  I try to use cooler tones as I have quite pale skin and this is perfect! 


                                            Boots = £5.00


I then move on to blusher and I am currently loving NARS orgasm as although very pigmented, when applied a little bit at a time gives your cheeks a lovely rosy glow with the hint of gold in it. 

                                                                  John Lewis = £25.00


To finish my face I use the Sleek highlighter palette.  Sadly they don’t have the one I use so I couldn’t show a picture, but they are very pretty shimmery shades and creamy so easy to apply with your finger. 


I then move on to brows and use Benefit Full Proof Brow Powder in the shade medium with a real techniques angled brush. It is great for getting that ombré affect and the colours are very pigmented so last all day. 

                                                               Boots = £22.50


To set my brows I use the gimme brow which again I have used forever and often just wear this on its own too! 


                                                Boots = £22.50 


Mascara is definitely my favourite makeup as I feel it completes my look and I love how it opens up my eyes.  I have tried a few different brands both high end and high street and am currently living Benefit Roller Lash.  It is not too clumpy and is easy to apply with a great applicator. 


                                        Benefit Cosmetics = £22.50


I then finish with a bit of lipgloss and ta da, makeup complete!


I hope you enjoyed this post and the video over on my Instagram, if you could give this post a like and comment your favourite daily makeup products that would be great!  

2 comments

  1. Nice tips for a natural makeup look :) Would love to follow you her on blogspot- how to I suscribe? This is my blog if you'd like to check it out. It is about makeup as well. www.themakeupenthusiast.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. **** wwww.themakeupenthusiast1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete