Hello! Welcome to my blog where I will be sharing my life as I find my way through my twenties including fashion, beauty and life

Autumn Shopping Trip






Those of you who know me know that I am a HUGE shopaholic!

From a young age I found a love for shopping all things clothes, bags, shoes, makeup, jewellery, homeware and stationary. I am one of those people who could spend a whole day shopping quite easily both online and off.

Many people will have a staple colour, even if they don’t want to admit it, they do. Mine has always been baby pink. I absolutely love pastel colours no matter what the time of year. However, I have recently been more aware of my skin colour and what colours suit. With that being said, I woke up one morning and decided baby pink is not my colour. This then lead me to having a clear out of my wardrobe leaving me with little to no clothes. This, and the fact that autumn was just around the corner, meant it was a great time to go shopping!

I first took to my laptop and had a little browse on ASOS. I love to shop on this site as it has many different brands, prices and styles to try out. The first thing I purchased was some black skinny jeans from Pull and Bear. Normally I go for the classic Topshop joni jeans, but I wanted a pair of black skinny jeans to wear a belt. They are super comfy, stretchy which is always a bonus! I also wanted to try a new style of jeans and bought some mom jeans. I have seen lots of people both on social media and at uni wearing these and they look so good. I was unsure on whether they would suit my figure but OMG I love them! They are super comfy and work well with both a t-shirt or a jumper paired with some trainers or converse.

I then took to the shops in search of some jumpers and tops ready for the cold weather ahead.

Although I am studying in Birmingham so am close to the Bullring, I honestly don’t like shopping there. It gets so busy and everything gets so messy by mid-day that you can never find anything. I also find that if I don’t go early enough, most shops don’t have my size. So, when coming home for the weekend to work, I decided to go to West Quay in Southampton.

One of the first shops I went to was New Look. Here, I bought a white short sleeve shirt with black polka dots on. To some, it could look like a pj top, but I love it tucked into a pair of jeans with a bright autumn coloured lip for when I want to look that bit smarted, or if I’m going out to dinner.

I also bought a gorgeous jumper stripped in different shades of pink and burgundy. It is super soft and looks great tucked into a black button down denim skirt I also purchased. Tie it all together with some cute gold hooped earing with a pink accent and I’m all set for the autumn weather!



I have had a hit and miss relationship with checked shirts and have gone through fazed of loving and hating them. But one caught my eye as being very autumnal and in a green colour I thought I should try (as I am experimenting more with colours!). Again, great with a pair of black skinny jeans that can be styled in many ways. Tucked in, tied, as a cardigan or just loosely worn it can be styled how you wish. Student discount meant I got a right bargin for all of these purchases!


Next stop was H&M, one of my favourite shops as it is good quality and good prices for students! Here, I bought this bright blue jumper with red and white accent going across the chest and down the sleeves. I looks really good tucked into the Pull and Bear (ASOS) black skinny jeans.


Zara is another one of my favourites as their style always seems so unique to me. Here, I purchased a gorgeous grey dress with pom poms on it and floats or kind of puffy sleeves. I imagined myself wearing this with a pair of tights and boots and a big knitted cardigan if needed. When I tried it on, I was unsure on the puffy sleeves at first, however I have seen this style a lot recently so thought, why not! I think this dress can be made casual or smart, so works well for all purposes.

Just ignore how pale I am here!


Gilly Hicks in Hollister is one of my favourite places to get underwear, alongside Victoria Secrets. I wanted to pop in a see what their bralettes were like as I love the idea of wearing one under a jumper and having the lace stick out a little. These are the two I purchased: white and grey as I felt they would go with anything.

Finally, I made a quick trip to Mac where I purchased two autumnal coloured lipsticks with the hope of branching out of my typical nude lip for autumn. I will show you these in more detail in a future post.

As much as I look at others for inspiration and trends, I think you should try and be you in your style. Be bold, be brave and be you. I know how hard it can be to worry about what other people think, but this year I have decided to forget them and do what I want!














No comments