Hello! Welcome to my blog where I will be sharing my life as I find my way through my twenties including fashion, beauty and life

My Study Space



Some of you may know that I am now in my third and final year of university. This means I have a lot more reading, writing and research to do! With that being said, I thought I would share with you my work space at my university house.

I am lucky in that I have a desk at my student house as I know some people whose room may not be big enough for one. If this is the case I would recommend getting a fold up table or even using a study space at uni. I know some people do like to study on their bed, however I find I get too comfy and end up falling asleep or getting distracted. So, I prefer to work at a desk or in the library.


On the wall above my desk, I have a beautiful pink pin board that my grandma got for me a few years ago. It is a great size as it gives me plenty of room to pin things on and it adds a lot of colour to the room and this little wall. I know most student accommodation does have pin boards in the bedrooms which is great! But if you are in student housing like me, I would defiantly recommend getting one. I have used command strips to hang mine, up as they don’t leave any marks or take of any paint at the end of the 






year.



On my pin board, I have my calendar which is an academic one so very handy for a student. I am one of those people who has to be very organised and write everything down as I have a memory like a fish! This calendar was from Tesco and I love that it comes with a little pen as well.


You will notice I have a few to do lists. One of which I got for Christmas a few years ago from a little shop in my local village and another I made from an old till roll I got at work. I find these so handy if I have a lot of tasks to do both big and small so I can remember all the things I have to do. I also love the feeling of ticking things off once I have completed them! 




I then have a little peg thing for any thoughts and ideas which again I got for Christmas a few years ago. I just think it looks really cute and is a great place to peg little reminders or ideas if I have any for a blog post or something.

I also like to pin random bits on my pin board such as pictures, business cards and a list of meals so if I am stuck for any dinner ideas I can look on here. Surrounding my pin board I have some battery powered fairy lights from Primark to make it look a little bit prettier, especially in the evenings.



On the left hand side of my desk, I have a silver metal magazine tidy from Wilko. These are amazing for keeping folders and note books in, as you can see what they are but also keeps your desk tidy. As you can see, I just have some flamingo print button folders from Tesco (one for each module), a few A4 ruled pads and a few smaller note books I use to plan blog posts in it.


On the right hand side of my desk, I have a little box of random bits and bobs. At the moment I have hair bobbles in it (as I like to keep one handy for when I need my hair out of the way when working) and other random things such as stamps and memory sticks. I also have a pen pot full of pens in all different colours and a cute little pad of sticky notes in all shapes.



On the main part of my desk, I have the year calendar given by the university and my laptop which I use to do pretty much all of my work!


So, that is my work space in a bit more detail. It is not a lot, but I find a simple and tidy desk allows my mind to work better as I am not crushed by books and stationary. I hope you found it interesting and who knows, maybe it has helped some of you organise your work space!

No comments