Hello! Welcome to my blog where I will be sharing my life as I find my way through my twenties including fashion, beauty and life

New Year goals


In some ways January is one of my favourite times of the year, as for me, it's a fresh start. I am one of those people who like to set myself goals of things I would like to improve on for the next year. I try to make these as relaxed as possible and not to be too specific by setting dates or targets, so then if I don’t achieve them it is not such a big deal.
This year going into a new decade, I have tried to think not just about goals for 2020, but for the next 10 years. In this post I thought I would share these with you...
Goals for 2020:
1)      Run 10miles – Now I know earlier I said I wasn’t going to make my goals specific, but this one has a good reason. At the end of October I will be running 10 miles to raise money for a charity close to my heart (more on this in a blog post to come). So, this has now become one of my 2020 goals and is the first ‘target goal’ I have had in years.

2)      Skin care routine – I have wanted to get into the habit of having a skin care routine for a while now but have never quite found the time or have simply forgotten about it. I would say I am very lucky in that I rarely get spots except the odd hormonal one which are like second heads! However, I have always said it is important to look after you skin whether you get lots of spots or none at all.  So, this year I am going to start in the hope that it continues over the next decade.  

3)      Read more – I have always enjoyed reading and found it nice way to relax and get lost in another world. However, I always say I never have time for it meaning I only really read when on holiday. For Christmas I was very lucky and got a kindle from my parents, I was so excited and couldn’t wait to use it! I have now made it half way through a book by simply putting down my phone in the evenings and have found it so relaxing.

Goals for the next decade:
1)      Don’t care about what people think – I think this is something everyone goes through at some point in their life. I have always thought that this was something that got easier with age and for me I feel this is true. In some aspects of my life or at certain times I feel I don’t care what people think, yet in other times I do care and let it take control of me. This is something I want to change over the next decade as quite frankly I am tired of letting my thoughts of what people MAY think rule what I wear, what I do or how I feel.

2)      Look after me more – I want to start doing this in a number of ways and start putting my mental and physical health as more of a priority.

One way in which I will do this is by keeping my fitness levels up and eating healthier. Last year I reduced the amount of sugary squash I was drinking and swapped to water and green tea and it made the world of difference! Since the start of the year I have been going to the gym more and found this has been a great way to release stress and anger from work and life.

Another way I will do this is by thinking more about myself. Getting rid of negative people and doing things I want to do by saying NO more. I have always struggled with saying no or thinking more about other people than myself. This has lead me to do things I don't always want to do and missing out on things I do want to do as a result. But over the next decade, I hope to get out of this and starting thinking about me and what I want. 

So, these are my new year and new decade goals. I will have to remember this post and look back on it in the next 10 years to find out whether I stuck to them or not...

No comments